Friday, October 01, 2004

austin..whaaaa??

Ryan IM's me on Wed. and says come to Austin this weekend. So, I am. I had to punk out on work Saturday morning, with much swearing from my boss, but he can't really fire me (yet) because most of the new employees are still idiots. Once they figure out what an RCA cable is I might have to start working harder. Until then, I can cancel work whenever I want and take random trips to Austin. I'm looking forward to seeing the old drama crew and getting away from Dallas for a weekend, and away from the Dallas people. I'm feeling kind of disconnected from my SMU friends, like we've run out things to say and do. Hopefully my old friends will revive that social spirit and give me a new perspective on the people in Dallas. Then I'll be ready to go camping over fall break.

We (me, i guess) still haven't picked a campground for the trip. It's hard to pick a place with one or two pictures and a generic description on the internet. "Oh, your campsite offers gorgeous views, too?" I will decide today, and then start telling people. I'm not really sure who knows about this trip or who is coming, so it could turn out to be 100 people or 2. If you'd like to go camping in the Texas Hill country Oct. 8(Fri)-12(Tues) let me know.

I'm not getting my xbox. Sharon said it got lost in the mail, and that she is filing a claim with UPS. She refunded the cost of the item last night, but not the shipping cost, which I paid. I'll have to get that back from her, also. UPS should reimburse her if the item was lost because she purchased insurance on it. Hmmm, maybe it's all a big mail fraud scam. I bought the xbox and games for way below market value, she ships it to a wrong address, and then collects the cost of the item when UPS loses it. (And she tries to screw me out of $25 shipping cost. Not gonna happen, Shar'). This makes 2 xboxes I have attempted to buy on Ebay. Lesson learned: The odds of not getting an Ebay xbox three times in a row are very slim. The next one I buy has to come in. Time to start shopping...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home