Tuesday, July 19, 2005

new for its own sake

Simply trying to keep the content coming, even if it is a slow day in my life. Slow week. I've got the first wedding of the summer coming up Saturday, to be followed by a couple more later. 4 weddings before the year is out....maybe 5. And 3 of the couples went to A&M. What is it about Aggies and gettin' hitched?

I know everyone goes through it, but I'm at the age where my friends are getting married. It's pretty strange. Really strange. I don't know what I think about the whole institution. Is it realistic? Outdated? Meaningless? Vital to society? Vital to families? All these questions, and I don't expect to have much perspective on them until I'm in a position where marriage is a possibility.

Anyway, no one knows what the future holds, but my friends have all found great people to wed. I hope they last and enrich each other's lives.

Shit I still have to get a gift. i know what marriage is. It's a scam.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder about marriage too. And then I think about it with the added issue of homosexuals' rights. I feel uncomfortable getting married when I know so many of my friends can't.

July 23, 2005 at 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home