Thursday, July 14, 2005

body wars

Anyone ever see that DisneyWorld ride film? I don't remember it being very good. Anyway, I am at war with my body, trying to get adjusted to the 9-5 schedule of a working man. It still hasn't happened. I don't fall asleep until 12 or 1, and get up around 7. It leaves me a little more tired every day. Today I had to take the show tape to Ft. Worth, and that was a struggle to stay awake. I ended up calling Chewy for the last 10 minutes of the drive to keep from dying. Thanks. I don't know what it is about me. I'm not tired enough at bedtime, but then I can't even keep my head up at 4pm. And of course waking up in the morning is tough, but come on, who ever wants to wake up in the mornings? If I knew what alcohol was, and I had a tattoo, I'd be a bartender.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does take some time for your body to get adjusted to your new schedule -- your old schedule was ingrained over years. It'll take more than a couple of months for your body to like your new schedule. Keep at it, keep going to bed early, even if you don't fall asleep right away. Try having a glass of milk and a cookie (or other form of carbs) before bed.

July 14, 2005 at 1:31 PM  
Blogger the wease said...

carbs before bed! That goes against my diet

July 14, 2005 at 3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right now, you're skinny enough I'd focus on the sleep. But it'd work better with exercise.

July 14, 2005 at 4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Piffle. Get a job that doesn't require you to get up so early. They do exist, and your body will thank you.

I'm not even kidding. There are just people on this planet who are not made to wake up so early after going to bed equally early. I am certainly not one of those people, either. My mom says I didn't sleep through a night until I was nearly two, and I still went to bed late and slept late.

July 14, 2005 at 8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree with mallory. we all know i am nocturnal, and we all know 9 to 5 would not work for me. of course, if it turned out i had to, i would probably just give up sleep altogether. yeah, i have thought about it. apparently the only problem my parents had with me when i was a child, was that i would never want to go to bed. somethings never change...

July 28, 2005 at 2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so i noticed i didn't sign my name on that anonymous entry, but upon re-reading it, i figured it was pretty much a given.

July 28, 2005 at 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home