Monday, June 20, 2005

up late with my bed

Ever since I've moved apts, my bed has been verrry rickety. My mattress has always been creaky, but for about a month now (holy shit I haven't unpacked after a month) my bed frame has been dinging and clanging with the slightest movement. 2 metal bars would rattle together when I sat up or lied down, so it was always "clang clang clang" this and "clang clang clang" that. No good.

I stood up to it last night about 11:30. Took the whole bed apart and put the frame back together. Made sure it was tighter, all the joints were square and whatnot. But I guess from moving it's slightly bent, so there's still some wiggle room between the bars. I got a bunch of rubber bands and basically lashed the bars to each other so they wouldn't bang together. Problem...severely lessened, but not entirely solved. I may have to get some bungee cords. It's these small victories that give me a sense of triumph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home