Tuesday, October 26, 2004

The View

It's over. I am done working for the View. They came to Dallas last week to prep for Monday, and on Monday we shot 2 shows. A live one for Monday and a taped one for Tuesday. I worked with them Fri-Mon as a Production Assistant (Intern/Bitch).

I had a good time. All the PA's were from SMU Journalism, so it was like an extension of The Daily Update. The hours were long, but I'll make a little money off of it. I'm still trying to see if putting my life on hold for an entire weekend was worth it. Probably. The coolest thing I did was pick up Meredith Viera from the hotel. We had a chat about college and the state of journalism today. She is very pleasant and very nice, but I'm still not going to watch her show. I drove people between the hotel, city hall, and channel 8. I did a lot of other crap like set-up chairs, answer phones, make copies, buy copier paper, and pick up food. I'm a little bummed that I didn't get to go out on any of the pre-taped on location shoots. Other PA's went with Meredith to Bally's and Billy Bob's in Ft. Worth, with Star all around the city, and with Elisabeth to the State fair. But I had big things due for class, so I started the latest out of all the PA's. That's how it happens.

I feel pretty good about the whole experience. I made a few contacts. I did a good job. Things got done when they needed to be. I was pleasant and professional. I think I represented myself well, and that the PA's represented SMU well. And Star Jones touched my shoulder. It was.....magical.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm surprised your shoulder isn't crushed

heyo!!

<3 krystal

October 26, 2004 at 1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Touched how? She was probably pushing you off of her after your attempt to touch her something else.

October 27, 2004 at 1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home