Saturday, February 05, 2005

Chain of Posts 8:58 #2

Note: That's the start time of the post at the top. I decided to go with the 10 minute rule. Gives me a little time to talk to Lauren and Mallory online.

Mallory is also bored this Saturday eve. We haven't come up with anything to do, so I told her I'd start this project until we come up with a better plan. @ 10 min a post I could have 18 or so before the night ends. That's a lot of writing, but I won't be saying much. I don't have that much to say. That line instantly derails any train of thought. I need to stop saying "I don't have much to say." It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. I wonder how many of those we encounter in our daily lives. I think it's in the neighborhood of a lot. My state of mind is usually a big obstacle to doing things. And if you look at some of the most successful people, some of the happiest, some of the most comfortable with life and with being, they are far from concerned about so many of the worries people have. We've all met someone like this. They aren't concerned with themselves. Not in a depricating way, but in a comfortable way. They have decided to be content, comfortable, seeking out their dreams. They have confidence with them, in reserve. It is a tool, not an ornament for display. These people aren't looking inward constantly, like so many of us are. They have moved beyond that, and focus on results, or people, or ideas. This is the type of person I wan't to become. Time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think that truly successful people are not inward. I think you have to be to know yourself well enough to do what you truly want to do. I think successful people are probably just not self-defeating with their inwardness.

February 5, 2005 at 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home