Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Back from the woods

So I've returned. Sorry about the hiatus to all my reading faithful. I was in the woods and didn't have access to a computer. We went camping over the weekend. It was a good time that I will recap for you now.

Tim and I arrived Friday afternoon at Turner Falls, in Davis, OK. We pitched the tent, prepared the campsite, built a fire pit, and generally got things ready for everyone else's arrival. We ate, and then got bored so Tim built a tomahawk using Caitlin's stick. The stick is from last year's Turner Falls trip, and he had a good time returning to his home for a weekend.

Then Megan arrived late, really late that night. 9:45 instead of 8 like she said. I swear that girl can't follow directions to save her life. So it was dark and we just hung out for a little bit and then I went to bed while Tim and she played cards.

Saturday morning the 3 of us went hiking and explored the falls and "river." Tim showed us some caves and we looked out over the falls from atop the rocks. It was pretty cool. So cool that we did the exact same hike 5 hours later when Brittany and Amra showed up. The only difference this time was that Megan dropped her camera, and Tim and I have proof we were Astro Pimpn. When we got back from that hike Ashley, John and Loudon had arrived. We had dinner and built a big fire that night for smore making. Megan looked at the stars 6,000 times. We played with the IF book for a little bit. Andy showed up with guitar in hand and we jammed around the fire for a while.

Sunday we did more camping things when Aileen, Kaleena and Meghan arrived. Amra, Brittany and Andy all left. I'm getting bored with typing this out, so let's just say I had a good, but tiring weekend of camping. 3 nights was long for an infrequent camper such as myself. But I'd be willing to go again. There's already talk of another trip in the works....exciting....

Now I'm behind in all my schoolwork and I've been skipping classes to do it and/or avoid the professors who want things from me. That's hard when all your classes are in the same hallway. This is going to be an interesting semester. In other news, I think I want to be a video editor (this week). Being a reporter and talking to strangers all day creeps me out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home